Where do you gather?
- We gather at the Screenland Armour Theatre. Address: 406 Armour Road in North Kansas City, MO 64116.
When do you gather?
- Sunday mornings at 10:00am
- Throughout the week in homes for Community Groups.
What should I wear?
- We’re not overly concerned with this. Most of us wear jeans. During summer months, some of us wear shorts. If you're more accustomed to "dressing up" for church, we are good with that too! Our pastors usually wear jeans and button-down shirts.
Should I bring anything?
- If you own a Bible, we suggest you bring it because we will use it every time we gather. If you do not own a Bible, we'd love to give you one when you arrive! If you’re a notetaker (there are plenty of those in our gatherings), feel free to bring a notebook and pen as well.
What is your music like?
- The style is acoustically driven and simple. We often say that our primary instrument is the unified voice of the church, and that is intentional. We labor to facilitate corporate participation over putting on an impressive performance. We spend around 30 minutes in Scripture reading, prayer, and singing—with a range of old hymns and new songs. We are also serious about the theological content of our service. We make sure that everything we sing and pray is biblically accurate, God-glorifying, and saturated with the gospel.
What do you talk about?
- We have two goals in our worship gatherings: 1. To give glory to Jesus. 2. For you to love Jesus more when you leave us than when you joined us. Our pastors usually preach for about 40-45 minutes. Most often, we are walking through a book of the Bible over several weeks or months, so that we can understand the entire book and its applications in context. We also believe in repetitively preaching the gospel to ourselves and one another. This means you will hear the gospel multiple times throughout the worship gathering. Our pastors always preach the text of Scripture as our ultimate authority.
Am I expected to give money?
- We do not expect guests to give money at our gatherings. Emmaus members give regularly as an act of praising God for who He is and what He has done. We believe that our generosity in giving is a part of worship. We celebrate the opportunity to give back to God and what He has so generously given to us by giving through an offering box at our Connect Table or by giving online.
Is Emmaus affiliated with a denomination?
- Emmaus believes that gospel partnerships allow us to be a part of what God is doing, both locally and globally. Therefore we have chosen to partner with other churches through the Southern Baptist Convention.
- The Southern Baptist Convention: With 45,000 other local churches, we support theological training for pastors, missionaries, and ministry leaders through six seminaries around the country (including Kansas City's own Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary); the International Mission Board, which sends thousands of missionaries to the nations with the gospel; the North American Mission Board and SendNetwork, which partner to plant over 1,000 churches each year in North America; as well as the SBC's SendRelief and DisasterRelief ministries.